How to Encrypt and Decrypt Files on Android
Encrypting files on Android will make them unreadable. The files will be unreadable even if the phone is stolen.
Although you can use Android's built-in encryption tool to encrypt files, it is not very simple and takes a lot of time. It will not encrypt only selected files. This article will provide a simple guide to encrypting certain files on Android devices.
It is simple to encrypt specific files on Android, but it requires a third-party application. Follow these simple steps to encrypt files on Android.
Andrognito, an Android app, allows you to hide files, photos and videos on your phone. To protect your files, the app uses a military-grade encryption algorithm of 256 bits. This is how you can lock certain files on Android.
- 1. First, download and install the Andrognito App from the Google Play Store.
- 2. After installation, launch the app from App Drawer. To protect your files, create an account and assign a 4-digit PIN.
- 3. You will now see the main interface. Tap the (+) button in the lower right corner to encrypt files.
- 4. Choose the file type that you wish to encrypt.
- 5. Browse the file that you wish to encrypt, and then tap the checkmark button at the top-right corner.
- 6. Tap the lock button in the lower right corner.
- 7. Tap on the Lock button once more at the confirmation prompt.
- 8. This will encrypt your file. This will display a message similar to the one below.
That's it! This is how to encrypt certain files on your Android smartphone.
How to decrypt files on Android
The same app can be used to decrypt encrypted files on Android. Follow these simple steps to do this.
- 1. Open your Android app drawer, and then tap on the Andrognito App.
- 2. You will now be asked to enter your 4-digit PIN. To access the vault, enter your PIN.
- 3. You will now see all encrypted files. Select the files that you wish to decrypt.
- 4. Once you have selected the option, tap the unlock button in the upper-right corner.
- That's it! This will decrypt encrypted files on your Android phone.
Encrypting files can be a smart idea if you have other family members who use your phone often. It is better to encrypt than hide the files. We have shared the app for free. It doesn't require in-app purchases. This is how Android files can be encrypted and decrypted. We can help you encrypt Android files.
Post a Comment